Some Bill Harvey Consulting clients make surprising
management thinking breakthroughs in one day.
How much can be accomplished in one day? Usually very little. However, under certain circumstances a management team can leap ahead in its thinking in a single day.
What are those circumstances?
The vital element is an outside point of view to serve as a fresh springboard for generating ideas that break out of the well-worn ruts of past successes. However good a management team is, they can always be reinspired to the next level by hearing a completely original “take” on their situation. How productive this is of course depends upon the industry insight of the one giving the outside viewpoint.
Here are some examples:
- In one day we persuaded a number of top entertainment companies to begin serious TV research data collection outside the U.S.
- In one day we helped the top management of a major publisher set the bedrock for their next five-year plan.
- In one day we helped reposition a major television network in a way that doubled its audience and increased its revenues by far more.
- In one day we guided a relationship between a major research company and several of its top clients, creating a new technology in the process.
- In one day we provided an advertising agency with a missing component in a new business pitch and this helped them close one of the biggest pieces of business in their history.
- In one day we helped a new medium shift its unit placement strategy so as to greatly increase its audience size without significant cost.